Fraternity, Charity and Loyalty (F, C & L)Our Mission
Preserving the memory of the Grand Army of the Republic and our ancestors who fought to preserve the Union 1861–1865.Our Purposes
As a patriotic and educational organization, our purposes are to:
- Perpetuate the memory of the Grand Army of the Republic and of the men who saved the Union in 1861 to 1865.
- Assist in every practicable way in preserving, and making available for research, documents and records pertaining to the Grand Army of the Republic and its members.
- Cooperate in honoring all those who have served our country patriotically in any war.
- Teach patriotism, the duties of citizenship, the true history of our country, and the love and honor of our Flag.
- Oppose every tendency or movement that would weaken loyalty to, destroy, or impair our constitutional Union.
- Inculcate and broadly sustain the American principles of representative government, equal rights, and impartial justice for all.
“To be recognized by Government, academia and the general public as the leading source of information pertaining to: (1) history, genealogy and preservation initiatives associated with the Grand Army of the Republic and the Soldiers, Sailors and Marines who fought to preserve the Union and (2) patriotism, the duties of citizenship and honoring those that made the supreme sacrifice in defense of this Nation.”